Friday 27 February 2009

W B Yeats - He Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven

I'm not too well-read on the poetry front, but a friend introduced me to this. It always moves me.

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with gold and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.


2 comments:

sara carney said...

38 readers??? I WANT THAT FEEDCAT BUTTON!!!! X

Anonymous said...

isn't it usually bands or albums or ipod lists that you get from friends? what's the story of the Yeats poem? I ask partly because I stumbled across this blog through googling "yeats cloths of heaven"...

is this your first off the street comment?